Sunset gourami's at it again?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wills40litreaqu

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My gourami's are breeding again and once again my frog could eat the eggs again :( . Has anyone got any advice on where to keep the eggs bearing in mind I can't get another tank for them. Could I move the eggs to one of those breeding net things or would that upset mum and dad too much :?: Please some one reply quick the bubble nest is made and the female is packed full of eggs. HELP PLEASE :!:

Try the breeder net as a last resort.

Even better, get rid of the frog? take him back to the pet shop or get a friend to keep him a while. He has a taste for those eggs now, he'll get them again if you dont take measures.

You can always get another frog, but breeding is SPECIAL!!!

One more idea! Over here they sell tank dividers, very cheap, you could isolate the frog away from the nest, that may be your best bet.

Hi Will,

I agree with CorvusCorax, your best bet is to ask a friend to take care of it for a while, whilst the eggs take their course. Sunset Gourami are a nice breed and it'd be a shame to see the eggs go down as frog lunch !

Good luck.

PS - Where in Berkshire do you live ? I live just outside Slough, originally from Burnham !! :)

Back
Top Bottom