Suprise!!! Update 03/06/07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zagz

Aquarium Advice Addict
My bolivian rams were displaying spawning behaviour. Well suprise, the eggs became fry! Not removing them as I have no room right now until I get rid of some fry at the local auction.

0000294.jpg

0000293.jpg

How cool!

Congrats to you as well!

And it looks like you are able to keep both mom and dad in the same tank? That's great.

Mom and dad are viciously protecting babies. The others in the tank are baby GBR's and apistos. There is one other female bolivian but she is staying on the other side of the tank. I am amazed at how mom and dad are protecting the babies!

Well the fry are still quite alive and mom and dad are still aggressively protecting them. Doing a small water change with air line hose to remove some food build up at the bottom of the tank. Can't risk a python water change!

The fry are starting to color up and are definately more adventurious. Although I can't get a decent shot of them here is a pic. Not onloy are they fast, they are camera shy! :)

1003109.jpg

I feel your pain in trying to photograph the little guys. It's amazing how fast they are. I figure they see the camera as some big eye of somebody that wants to eat them.

Nice shot!

Back
Top Bottom