Surprise!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phazeshyft

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just found two baby sword tails in my community tank.
My first success at breeding.

Wasn't really trying, but hey. COOL BEANS!!

thats awesome, i've had luck with my guppies and mollies. but my swordtails havent had any babies yet.
congrats!

what next?

Now that i know they WILL breed i guess i have to take out the 4 goldfish.
I think i might have had more but the golds probably ate them.

also, will my pleco threaten them?

well for starters...goldfish and swordtails shouldn't be together at all. goldfish are cold water fish, swordtails like warmer water. how big of a tank do you have these guys in? and if you aren't too worried about the fry, just leave them. i have guppies, mollies, swordtails, dragon goby, bumble gobies, and a puffer fish together...my boyfriend calls it "survival of the fittest" i know it sounds cruel, but thats how it would be if they were in the wild. small fish get eaten by bigger fish...thats life. lol
but if you want to keep them you can get a breeding net that sits and the top of the tank, just put an extra air line in there for more circulation. and let them grow a bit.

Ok, so i gotta get rid of my golds, thats easy enough. but what about the plecos? are they a danger to the fry? I also might be having some Molly Fry judging by the girth of a few of them.

Back
Top Bottom