switching from flake to pellet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kribensis

Aquarium Advice Activist
Any tips or ideas on switching my baby festaes from flake to pellets?

I have aboit 20 festae cichlids I got as fry. They went from eating baby brine shrimp, crushed flake, and first bites powder fish food. To flake and all types of frozen food.

They are about 4 mobold and 1-1.5 inches long. I feed them 4+ times a day. Each feeding is something different. I read they like or need a variety. In my cabinet I have Omega cichlid flake, NLS 1mm sinking pellets, Hikiri cichlid gold pellets, Ociaonic pellets, and in tge freezer I think I have one pack of almost everything. Krill, mysis shrimp, brine shrimp, beef heart, blood worms, some green cubes with brine shrimp in it. LOL

I feed something different every time. They were brought upbfrom fry on crushed and ground up Omega cichlid flakes. So they still eat that stuff with no problem. But I cant get them to eat pellets. I even combine a pinch of each pellets and crush them all up together. And the fish look at me like "haha funny, you droped a rock in our tank. Now ware is our food." And it sinks and they stay at the top staring at me. Everyone says NLS is the best. But my fish dont think so. I know they cant live off flake when they get older. What can or should I do?

Back
Top Bottom