taking care of tadpoles?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

krap101

Aquarium Advice Addict
because i went to this pond place in freeport and i looked at everything.. i found some water clover, venus flytraps... and those were the only plants that interested me. i saw their koi... it was like 60$ for a 8 inch koi...

i took a waterbottle and got around 8 tadpoles.. and im wondering how to take care of them

Tadpoles aren't easy to raise..IME. You need a shallow box or tank, and aged water or rain water. Putting tadpoles into regular tap water may kill them. You can let your water set out for about a week, if you need to, to get rid of all the chemicals and impurities. Make some way for them to get out of the water, and onto a land part. Once the tadpoles develop legs, they need to be able to get out and eat. Things like insects are good for them.

Try googling for some sites. There are plenty out there. This is just my experience. I've never been able to get them to grow up to frogs. Which...you need plans on what to do with after you raise them.

Back
Top Bottom