Tank help, ID eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spangler2k3

Aquarium Advice Regular
Good afternoon

55g tank with 6 albino cory cats, 5 female guppies, 3 male guppies, 2 male cobra guppies, and 6 glo tetras. sand substrate, non planted.

1 of the female guppies looked very pregnant and as i was going to get a floating breeder divider to place her in she died. and ironically at the same time there are eggs stuck to the side of the tank overnight.

wife sent me this video to me this morning. Was thinking of getting that divider, an air stone, methylene blue and separating them to see what happens.. i have never had snails so those are out of the question..

so, are these eggs from the cats?

any suggestions on what to do?

thanks in advance,

chris

Guppies don't lay eggs, they give live birth, so it can't be them. It honestly sounds like the corys are the culprits to me. I know tetras are also egglayers but I doubt that it's them. I can't see the video because it won't load, so that's as much help as I can give. Hope this helps!

thats what i told my wife and she thought i was crazy.. im the fish person not her :)

video says its processing.. let me see if i can take a still picture from it

Guppies don't lay eggs, they give live birth, so it can't be them. It honestly sounds like the corys are the culprits to me. I know tetras are also egglayers but I doubt that it's them. I can't see the video because it won't load, so that's as much help as I can give. Hope this helps!

appears the video is working now. let me know what you think

appreciate it

It's loaded, but it won't let me watch it? Maybe if you could get a picture of what you're trying to show me, it might be a problem with my browser...

I'd guess corys. They usually lay on the glass like that. Can't wait to see your little babies!

Size and position rule out the Tetras as well. Tetras do not lay their eggs in a particular spot nor do they adhere them to the glass on purpose. So by default, ;) If it's not the Guppies or the Tetras, it's the cories. (y) Whether they will hatch out or not is another story. :huh:

I am hearing of rumor of Petco dollar per gallon sale starting today?! (might call to verify before you go for a specific sized tank if wanted - some stores have different sizes available) on 10G-75G. You could set up a baby/fry tank. Might try your hand at raising baby brine shrimp, I believe they carry the Brine Shrimp egg packs to hatch them.

Back
Top Bottom