Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-06-2012, 04:20 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Regular

I've had a male Beta in my 29 gallon tank for about a month now. He shares the tank with 2 mollies, 3 platys, a mystery snail, 7 molly fry and 2 platy fry. They all get along just fine.

Tony (the beta) generally likes to hang out in the corner near the filter. I have a little plastic leaf that attaches to the side of the tank that you place an inch or two below the water. Just enough for him to rest on and get some air. I recommend one of these. As long as your beta has an area in the tank he can call his own, I think he will be just fine.

He's got long flowing fins, but the other fish really don't pay much attention. I've never seen him get nipped. He was a little aggressive the first two or three days. He often had his gills out and would chase the fry a lot. He has since stopped both of these actions. So I guess if they are aggressive for the first few days that's probably normal. Also, try feeding your beta brine shrimp. Mine loves it so much more than those little beta pellets.

Old 08-06-2012, 03:12 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

You guys have all been helpfull. The tank i want to put him in has all peacefull fish. So it will be fine there.

Old 08-06-2012, 10:56 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

In my experience bettas do just fine with other fish, it's the other fish you need to worry about they are usually shy in a community tank and can easily become victims of bullying.
Old 08-07-2012, 06:53 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Thank you everybody great advise. I figure out what is the problem in my tank , I notice more fish die and the gills look like damage . I'm going to buy meds today . When I put the plants in it from my friend pond something in them made my fish sick. Plus I got fish from this new petshop and all of them have die cover in ick, and gills problems.

Tags
betta, community

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com