The snails are taking over

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saveme

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i got two white mystery snails a few months ago. now they're breeding and i've got over a hundred baby snails. htey're all over my tank, it's only 10 gallons and i'm scared of what might happen.
Plus i have 2 PLatys and they're breeding to and i've got a least ten babys.
What do i do? how do i stop the breeding? is there anywhere that will take the baby's? please help me. :(:eek::eek::hide:

One way to stop breeding is to take ur fish and put them im diffrent tanks

Mystery a apple snails breed like crazy and you can't get them to stop, just scrape the egg sacs off when they have hardened ( 2 weeks after they are layed makes them hard) the throw away the eggs, your lucky I trying to breed y snails and they just won't lol

I had the EXACT SAME PROBLEM! Petsmart talked me into taking 2 TINY snails. BIG BIG MISTAKE! They completey took over my 29 gallon tank. I threw them away every day... 2, 3 times a day I swiped them off the edges of the tank. I emptied the tank, cleaned it, got rid of ALL OF THEM... I thought, before I set it back up. NOPE. Must have been something in the pump... rim... gravel... somewhere. Infestation AGAIN! I had to let the tank go. For weeks. I covered everything in salt, and them boiled all the gravel, threw away the plants. Weeks later I set it back up, no problems and NEVER again will I accept another snail. Sorry I wish I could help you but I looked everywhere, and no one had a solution to this problem.

LOL, its ok, the chain stores arent that good at advice, and the guy at the pet store was prob having a bad day and wanted to maek someone else feel bad XD. another option is ASSASIAN SNAILS ( dun dun duunnnn)

Yes I hate when I really need their help. They rarely say anything that is useful. I wish they had real qualified professionals back there with the fish. And heck he probably did do it on purpose!! LOL

atleast when i bought my mystery snails, the people were like. " you want FOUR?" i said yea and they were like " ok!" and scooped out the four i wanted. mme waiting for the " they willl breed" talk goes to the register and talk with the lady there when she is checking us out. " i had TWO of these guys, and now i think soomewere around 200!" i told her i was breeding them and she said " well i would wish you good luck but these little snails will breed thier butts off! have fun!" and then we left XD

Back
Top Bottom