Thinking about breeding blue jack demseys.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm assuming you mean electric blue?

The ebjd's are hard enough just to raise to past 3". None the less breed them. Your best bet is to find a JD that caries the eb gene. Hence EBGJD.

Id say breeding jds is no different then any other cichlid.

True ebjds are tough to keep alive period as just stated. I have been setting my tank up for 2 months and am just now confident enough to pick up my 5 ebjds I ordered this Saturday. They are known for just randomly dying. If you attempt it good luck and let me know how everything goes.

Try convicts. They breed quickly and are great parents.

Try convicts. They breed quickly and are great parents.

I saw convicts at petland and they told me they breed quickly. Not sure if I'm into them aesthetically. What colors do they come in?

They normally come in white with black stripes. They can have a little blue and pink and orange as well.

This is my youngest one.

Attachments

• image-2251723209.jpg
    image-2251723209.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 44
They normally come in white with black stripes. They can have a little blue and pink and orange as well.

This is my youngest one.

are their something like convicts in terms of their breeding habits? I saw them at the pet store so I'm assumming they're common

First off, what size is the tank this pair is going to be in. Then better "other" options could be given.

It's either going to be a 55gallon, or if I wait a a little longer, a 110 gallon If I wait even a little longer, 150 gallon

So a 4' tank, I'd still do fish where the males stay around 10". Anything larger and they just won't have the space needed. JD,gt,cons,fm,salvini, are all good choices and really not any harder to breed then the other once paired up.

The larger species rd,Midas,festae,RTM,jags,trimac's for example all are best kept in 6' tanks to a breeding pair. Gives the males more room to move about, with their hyper aggression and usually larger size, they often will not take any nonsense from the females.

Best thing you could do regardless of the species you pick, is have a divider on hand and ready to be used. Because if he's ready to rock out... And she's not... Chances are he will kill her.

Back
Top Bottom