This is either miracle,or completly normal LOL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ktulu909

Aquarium Advice Regular
So my community freshwater 55 consists of 5 emerald cory cats,6 clown loaches under 3 inches.I found some eggs when I got home from work. As far as my loaches are concerned,I have no idea what sex they are.Not that it matters,because I don't think this is about them.That would be the miracle part.

Anyway,I have one known female cory cat and 4 males. The eggs were scattered about on the glass and intakes of my filters. I don't have any extra tanks around so I ran up to petco and grabbed one of those little net box breeder boxes to keep the others from eating them. I want to know what chance I have of them actually hatching without me doing anything other than my normal tank routine which is weekly 50% PWC.

Ammonia Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - 20 (its already 10 out the tap)
PH 7.8
Temp - 82

When I did my last PWC, I didn't properly temp match as I normally get it within 1 degree going back into the tank, the water going in was 76ish degrees and Ive read that can be enough to get cories to spawn.

I was able to save 40-50 eggs. Anyone have any input?

Well it looks like most have succumbed to white fungus.Ill remove them when I get home from work,but it looks like a little bunch of them on a leaf are still ok.Anyone think they might hatch?

Back
Top Bottom