time to grow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would say it depends on tank size/stocking and feeding. I would say typically a few weeks to a month. My guppies would usually start to show some colors after a month or so.

It will take even longer for them to reach full adult size though.

Thanks meegosh. 2days and counting then lol also how long till I can stop worrying about the other fish eating them?

after they reach about an inch long. or as long as they are big enough he cant fit in anyones mouth

I have 2 molly fry that are about a month old and an inch long. They're big enough now to hold their own against the other fish in my tank. They will even go after the algae wafers I feed their parents/molly family.

My first batch of fry on about day 4 I could see the darker ones from lighter, but this batch, are orange and orange/black mix and I can see difference right away. One has white eyes like momma, and the rest big lack beady eyes :) There is one that looks almost solid black, one solid orange, and the rest black and orange mix.

Whatever you decide to d I highly suggest keeping the fry in a 5 gallon and plus tank. I kept my swordtail fry in a 2 gallon tank and I (accidentally of course!) stunned their growth! :( I moved one to my Community Tank she/he is 7 months old and still 1 inch long. He does have the adult color though.

Back
Top Bottom