Total surprise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishyfanatic

Aquarium Advice Addict
This evening we were going to transport the two "mothers" from the 29 gal fry tank downstairs to the 10 gal fry tank. They would neither one spit in the 29, probably because there were larger fry in the tank. A few days ago we thought that the lab had swallowed her fry because she was no longer holding. We just kept forgetting to put her back in the main tank. After we finally got the lab out of the 29 gal tank tonight I picked up the bag with the peacock in it and lo and behold, she had spit her fry in the bag. In a matter of 30 second she spit her fry.

What surprise could we find? Yup, you guessed it. The peacock was holding some of the labs fry. There is a distinct pattern difference between the lab and peacock fry. Apparently the lab spit the remaining fry and the peacock scooped them up and held them. I didn't think they would do this, hold each others fry.

So now I am proud to say that we FINALLY have lab fry. lol I'm not sure how many but it was the labs first batch so it may only be one or two that survive.

Back
Top Bottom