Trixie ready to birth!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ocminpin

Aquarium Advice Addict
My little girl platy Trixie is ready to give birth to her 2nd batch of fry... She's on Day 29... Noticing she's wider and has a very round belly. She's not square yet but she also wasn't square when she gave birth before which was why it was such a surprise. She's hanging out by the filter or heater and chasing the male away... She usually follows him around the tank everywhere... They're quite cute together. :)
Should be more fry survival this time as it's just the 2 of them in the 20g tank... :)
I'm excited... Tho She's very shy she's one of my favorite fish..

Congratz also!! I love fry!! How bout vixen? She still there?

Trixie has been hanging out at the water line very still.... She's not too upset because her top fin is up (when she's upset or scared it's down) Meringue (male) pokes her occasionally... He's like, "Hey! What's wrong with you?!" :-D
I walked over and she swam around then went back to the filter outlet to sit ...

SOON! :) lots of rocks and things for fry to hide in.., plus it's only the two of them in there, so should be good...
I slid a filter sponge over filter intake...

Dang that fish is gunna explode. 30 days, seems like shes almost done. Is she in a seperate tank so her fry dont get eaten?

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Dang that fish is gunna explode. 30 days, seems like shes almost done. Is she in a seperate tank so her fry dont get eaten?

She's in a 20g L with just her and my male... He's leaving her alone.. Just drifting along peacefully as usual.
She surprised me before and I was only able to save 7 because she was In with tons of Molly Juvie's... Now it's just them with the entire tank to themselves with a sponge over filter intake. She looks rather uncomfy to me at the moment...
This is my first time watching a platy... They're my only two... First time I've been able to see a Gravid spot... She has sooooo much black in her...

She's tiny compared to the male! I think he's grown quite a lot since I got him 5 mths ago. He's the only fish left out of my original newbie purchase "those 9 fish will go great in that brand new 10g you're buying right now"

Just quietly sitting on the floor next to the tank since these guys are very shy and startle easily.... I can see inside her Gravid spot and there are a few distinct eyes... One very very close to the exit of her vent and others close around.. With the rest piled inside her body cavity... It looks SOOOO neat I don't want to look away... :)
Lets hope she's nothing like Cruella

Mumma.of.two said:
How exciting!
To me she does look a LITTLE flat along the bottom in the last two pictures. It won't be long!

Trixie's mostly swimming in place near the heater end of the tank and Meringue is swimming all over now going up and down and across ... It's like he's showing off or something ... Lol
Oooo she just did a few quick side tippy things that a few of my mollies do when they're laboring... Sigh...
:) excited!

She JUST STARTED! We have ONE baby so far.. Collecting as she births and putting in separate container. :)
DAY 31... thank you for being on schedule! :) haha

ocminpin said:
She JUST STARTED! We have ONE baby so far.. Collecting as she births and putting in separate container. :)
DAY 31... thank you for being on schedule! :) haha

Congrats!

Starka said:
Congrats!

Thank you... 5 so far... Dad is following along side Mom swimming gently with her every move...
I must say she births wayyyy slower than my mollies that spit out 3-5 at a time... She's doing 1 at a time very slowly.... This is my first time watching a platy birth, so maybe they're different...

ocminpin said:
This little guy was stuck half hanging out for over 5 mins as Trixie swam around... He finally popped out and landed, skipping to the top of the rock... :)
8 so far...

Aww cute! I can't wait until my guppies and platy have their fry!

Back
Top Bottom