Tuna's Fishroom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Picked up a group of fish today that I been wanting for a long time- Definatly hard to get.Pseudocrenilabrus multicolor
Dwarf Egyptian Mouth-brooder
xJ4lu21.jpg

Definetly hard to get, Hopefully I can get the groupt to breed. Awesome fish with cool breeding habits .

Makes stealing eggs seem like childs play ?
Do you catch her and have her spit them out ?
yep - I scoped the tank and look at their mouth/head. You can tell when they are holding. I caught her while she was in a PVC fitting. and held her over a dip and pour. LOL milked her . Pretty cool watching them spit the babies out. First batch i got , I lost most due to a stupid breeder box I had that was of poor design . Back to using the CB Special(dip and pour). Going to have to rethink my set up and possibly add a bunch of 5gl tanks . Might build a rack to hold 12-15 tanks three levels high

yep - I scoped the tank and look at their mouth/head. You can tell when they are holding. I caught her while she was in a PVC fitting. and held her over a dip and pour. LOL milked her . Pretty cool watching them spit the babies out. First batch i got , I lost most due to a stupid breeder box I had that was of poor design . Back to using the CB Special(dip and pour). Going to have to rethink my set up and possibly add a bunch of 5gl tanks . Might build a rack to hold 12-15 tanks three levels high
Nice !
Yea breeder boxes and nets work great for fry from live bearers . Most egg layers take a week or several to get that large ,no slots , no holes . Just the disposable air stone like a pre filter on an airline syphon and change water in those 2.5 quart bad boys !(y) I like my 2.5g . I first thought I could throw a 33long up there in their place but now wonder about a rack of 2.5 ....You know 24 -32 of them !:nono: They are so short you could easily have 4 levels.

My red male insists that you hook him up with a red female. I promised him his own space if you do!

I have young available from this big daddy. PM if Interested
He is also currently tending another batch of eggs. These guys produce a clutch of eggs about once a month
6rVgH0l.jpg

Back
Top Bottom