Twenty-six swordtail fry!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Geri

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a nursery for all these fish but it's about 2.5 gallons with one of those Small World air filters in it. Anyway my questions are: How long can they stay in there before they can go in the community tank. Also, will that 2.5 gallon be sufficient until that time when they can go into the community tank or a local fish store? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.[/i]

I think if you monitor the water very well, and assuming the fry are pretty small, you can do it. The alternative in a community tank with assumed predators is not pretty, so it can work. You might be doing water changes every 3 days or so, but in a small tank like that it is not a huge deal.

Congrats!

small fry

Thanks for the info. I will definitely do water changes often and you're right it's no big deal due to the size of the tank. Thanks again!

i think when their about |---------| that big then their big enough to go back. unless you got a pirana 8O lol i love that smiley

Back
Top Bottom