Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-29-2015, 10:21 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Two Females no Male

Hello! I created an account to ask you all a question about my female angelfish! I recently set up a freshwater tank about a month ago. My angelfish are both female and have recently begun laying eggs. The first time they ended up just eating them all right after laying them but now there's a lot of eggs that they are actually taking care of. The sad thing, which you can obviously tell from my title, is that there is no male to fertilize the eggs. So my question is really what I should do with all the eggs. Leave them? Remove them? Try to get a male? These are the first fish that I've ever had to lay eggs and any advice would help! Thank you!

Old 07-30-2015, 01:05 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

I would just leave them. They will eventually eat them and they are a high protein food source. As for getting a male, there are no guarantees that they will spawn with one but if you want to try, go for it. Just remember tho, breeding pairs of Angelfish are best kept by themselves in a tank unless the tank is very long. They can get very aggressive towards their tankmates when preparing to spawn and afterwards protecting the eggs so if the other fish don't have room to get out of the way, they might end up injured or killed.

Hope this helps.

Tags
female, male

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com