Two more questions...angelfish wigglers??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jackiee

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have two questions.

Will angelfish wigglers still live if they fall down to the tank bottom? I have a gravel bottom. I checked today and all of the wigglers that were layed on the heater dropped. So, will they still hatch?

And another question. When looking really closely at one side of my tank, I saw what I thought looked like dust, but I couldn't get it off because it was on the inside of the tank. I stared closer and I could see them moving! They're so small they don't seem like they do any harm to my fish, but will they? What are they, some type of worm? And how did they get there?

Wigglers are hatched eggs, so if the eggs have dropped off they aren't wigglers yet. Perhaps what you see moving are wigglers. Hard to say from your description.

I'm just saying that I saw around half a dozen wigglers yesterday and by the time I looked at them again today they were gone, so I know they fell. So, will they still be okay? As in live to the free swimming stage?

My Angelfish parents will pick up any wigglers that go to the bottom in thier mouth and spit them back into the nest.
If you are hatching the eggs without the parents, then the wigglers should be ok, even if on the bottom. Unless they actually fall down between the gravel, in which case that gravel is too coarse for this purpose.

Back
Top Bottom