Unidentified Eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

black hills tj

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey Everyone,

I went on a camping trip with my family from the 4th through this morning. When I came home I noticed a piece of gravel covered with what appear to be little reddish eggs. I think they are from my cherry barbs(even though I only have 2 and they both look like males to me-real bright coloration). One of my cherries is kind of flitting around the area, but he's not really nipping anyone. I'll have pics up tonight. Has anyone else had cherries spawn? Can you give me any info on them spawning? At this point in time I don't know what to do with the piece of gravel that they are on. I don't have a qt to put it, but I may be able to get a breeding net or something and throw some java moss in it with the gravel. Whatcha think?

Thanks,

Mike

edit---

Now that I think of it, should I move some java fern right next to or even over the eggs?

Update

It appears that overnight either one of a few things happened:

A. Plecostomus found the eggs and ate them

or

B. Hatched

or

C. Any other possibility that could have happened

They are not barb eggs. barbs scatter eggs everywhere. Do you have any snails? What is in the tank? More than likely they were eaten.

In the tank there are 2 bala sharks, 1 black angel, 2 scissortails, 2 black neon tetras(i think), 1 black skirt tetra, 2 silvertip tetras, 2 golden algae eaters, 1 common pleco, 2 cherry barbs, 1 red tail shark, some random hitchiker snails, and a pristella tetra.

Back
Top Bottom