Unknown fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Taff1835

Aquarium Advice Regular
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398699525.519855.jpg my wife just came back with this, I have 2 questions what is it and is It pregnant. It's the best picture I can get as it's very active.

6 is the min, there really active upper to mid water level fish. They have been know to fin nip, though probably not in a school

He better not start fin nipping or he can go and play in my friends oscar tank lol

They need a lot of space we have 10 and they go 100 mph all the time they don't stop and they are pooping machines, very hardy fish can be used to cycle a tank ( shhhhhh I didn't just say that hahaha)

I'm just setting up a 60ltr bio orb he's just got himself a new house

Make sure its a closed top aquarium because danios are expert jumpers ! Great fish though, with a school of playful danios you will never watch tv again lol, they are totally crazy

hay that is actually a female zebra danio if you look closely you can see she has a wide or rounded belly. males are more streamline. it could be possible that she is carrying eggs but you have to jump through hoops to get them to breed without eating the eggs XD. trust me I should know I'm still raising the last batch of the young from 3 months ago. that's another thing they are prolific but when they are just starting out as fry they grow slower and they are even smaller than my cory fry. and the danio fry were at 1 month and the corys were just hatchlings. and yes those fishes are jumpers to the extreme try netting them one time for yourself. XD every time its breeding time they go ape XD. they just don't understand that I'm throwing them a party. so a top and/ or lid is a must for them. and they do not stop moving at all its like they are high on caffeine all the time XD.

I have 13 of them in my tank and look amazing swimming a million miles a hour together

I have 3 long fins and they're MUCH better than tv. My female chases those boys like crazy. Some times my two make guppies will school up with then and then is a big game of tag.

Back
Top Bottom