Update on my unknown fry!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blackmoor311

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey blackmoor311 here with a very good update!
One of my older unknown fry is now in the fish tank, free of its baby net! Still I have no idea what kind of fry it could be...:ROFLMAO::fish2::popcorn:

Agree. I have Molly fry right now. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390404111.649919.jpg

The one on the top left looks like the fry you have.

I actually took a pic of my fry tank with guppies and mollies in it. The one on the upper right that looks like it has a slightly red tail (it's just the lighting) is a guppy and the others are Molly fry. The guppies are born longer than the Molly fry, and I noticed have a smaller eye. The mollies are a bit shorter and fatter than the guppies, which seems right considering that full-grown guppies are longer in comparison to full-grown mollies's body size. (The guppies are longer and skinnier, and the mollies are shorter and fatter in comparison)

Sorry for the confusing post.

Here's a more recent pic:

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390950039.446516.jpg

(Sorry it's kinda bad. They won't stay still! I had to feed them to get them up there, so they're going crazy!)You can see the black spotted Molly fry in front of a guppy fry. The guppy's tail is much longer than the Molly's.

Hohhot now I'm not sure because the tails on my older ones are kinda long but their bodies are rounder

My guppies' tails are about the same length as their body. My mollies's tails are about 2/3 of their body. Sorry, it's not really a perfect science until they grow up! I hope I helped and didn't just confuse you more...

I think it did. So for now at least I know that they are either guppies or mollies. Thank a lot!

No problem. Just trying to help! I have been in the exact situation myself. Found two fry in the tank, only managed to get one in the net (the other one I assume was eaten) and was puzzled at what it was. I made a wild guess that it was a guppy, and it was!

Back
Top Bottom