Urgent please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Satrinarenee

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I just checked my tank and there are babies! They had to have come from my pot bellied molly (I don't know the name, it's irrelevant right now) because both my Cory and swordtail are males and I don't recon that angelfish are live bearers. (Again irrelevant).

My issue is it's 1 am and I don't have a breeders net. My babies are chilling in a regular fish net that I have jimmied to stay on the side of the tank. I only found five, and I LOOKED for the rest. There are no plants in the tank so they aren't hiding there and I removed all decoration and scanned for an hour until I found the five that I have now.

So is the net okay until morning? I have another tank (5.5G) set up without fish which is currently at 78 degrees. The tank the babies are currently floating in is 84 degrees. Which if I switched them I would most certainly float them before full submergence. I just feel that that is too much of a temperature change for new fry.
PLEASE HELPImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396330600.278952.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396330616.445174.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396330632.121146.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396330647.168590.jpg

Yes they will be fine. I'd kill the lights so the angels don't try to pick at them through the net. Good call.

Oh Thank you! This is obviously the first time this has happened, we usually don't have more than one molly in a tank! I'll definitely turn off the light until I can haul some butt to petsmart for an actual breeder net.
When my 5.5G is stabilized at a closer temperature (and I take a sample in to test while purchasing my net) should I transfer my babies to that?

Back
Top Bottom