Very pregnant guppy layin down?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Buck Sh0t

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This isn't the first time I've had an issue with this, I just had a female die from the same thing and I don't know what's wrong, they seem to grow unhealthily big, then lay down for a long time and eventually lose enough strength that they die. I would really like to save her because she costed me a little bit more money than I would usually like to spend and I would like to have some good babies out of her, anyone have an idea of what may be wrong or how I could help her get better and healthily give birth? She's pretty big!

Are her scales bulging out like a pine cone?
What are the tanks parameters?

Yes her scales seem to be pretty spiked, she is in a ten gallon tank with a few other females

So I just got home and found her dead, does anyone have a clue what may have caused this?? I really hate seeing it happen because these are expensive fish. Any help is appreciated!

Buck Sh0t said:
So I just got home and found her dead, does anyone have a clue what may have caused this?? I really hate seeing it happen because these are expensive fish. Any help is appreciated!

Based on similar descriptions from other posters in the past it sounds like it might be dropsy. You should post a thread about this in the unhealthy fish section of the freshwater forum and have some of the more seasoned fish illness experts weigh in. Maybe google it or run some searches in that sub forum in the meantime to read up on it and see if it sounds like the same symptoms. I'm not sure of the cause. Very sorry for your loss and hope you get it figured out shortly.

Back
Top Bottom