waiting for the drop :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
very nice i could swair i was looking at one of my mollys, baloon mollys can be tricky i have found as i have a girl who looked like she was going to pop at easter...but didnt she stayed huge for months then 2 weeks ago droped 50+ fry.. sorry for ramndomness congrats on the fatty i bet the fry will love the hornwort

Lol I wasn't sure if she was at first because they always look like that but she is getting to be very gravid, I can't wait I love balloon Mollies :)

Well she started dropping this morning, so far I've only spotted 13 fry but she is still pretty squared, gravid, and her vent is still open. So I'll be fry fishing all day it seems :)

ForumRunner_20120721_130811.jpg

Well tragedy struck, while fishing for fry I usually keep a small fish bowl handy to transfer them in while i'm catching so I can move them into the nursery tank all at once. Well while my back was turned my lovely little kitty cat decided he was thirsty and was drinking from the bowl. I jumped up, he got scared, knocked the bowl over and I had fry all over my coffee table! In a scramble I tried scooping up as many as I could but lost a few. :( out of 14 so far I've only managed to save 6.

butterfly_koi said:
Well tragedy struck, while fishing for fry I usually keep a small fish bowl handy to transfer them in while i'm catching so I can move them into the nursery tank all at once. Well while my back was turned my lovely little kitty cat decided he was thirsty and was drinking from the bowl. I jumped up, he got scared, knocked the bowl over and I had fry all over my coffee table! In a scramble I tried scooping up as many as I could but lost a few. :( out of 14 so far I've only managed to save 6.

Aww! That's devastating! I always lock my pets out of the room when catching fry, water changes and even feeding! My dog got hold of my algae wafers !

Back
Top Bottom