Well, I sure wasn't expecting this...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Devilishturtles

Aquarium Advice Addict
Angelfish eggs. Not even a clue that I had a pair, and I come in to look at the tanks and find this! Now I have no idea what to do with them!

Dad (I'm guessing) hates when the camera got close, and charged the glass. Was hard to get good shots of him not in them!

Attachments

• img_1062__medium__201.jpg
    img_1062__medium__201.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 21
  • img_1064__medium__677.jpg
    img_1064__medium__677.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 29
  • img_1065__small__197.jpg
    img_1065__small__197.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 31
A few more pictures...

The silver dollars live by that intake and they very rarely stray from it. The angels are having fun picking the SD's to death!

Attachments

• img_1066__small__440.jpg
    img_1066__small__440.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 22
  • img_1068__small__179.jpg
    img_1068__small__179.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 26
Thanks guys. Like I thought, they were gone this morning when I woke up :(

I'm fairly sure, based on the look of the papilla, that I have a male/female pair. So, I should expect this again in 2-4 weeks, right?

Thanks again!

IMO, more than 90% of angel pairs will eat their eggs. Several reasons. Most angels are tank raised and have no parenting skills, and most spawn in community tanks which can be very threatening to parenting.

The only way to assure raising a spawn is to remove the eggs.

Great, thanks for the tips guys! I just killed my 10 gallon sw tank. I might have to scrape it out, get a sponge filter and leave it barebottom, and see if I can raise some angelfish fry. ;)

Bill, my sincere apologies. ;)

Beautiful angels! The in-your-face one (the male?) is a handsome fella!
Hopefully, they'll keep spawning and you will get some fry to raise!

I wish I had luck like that! I bought 4 keyholes, hoping to get a pairing, and two months later.....nuttin!

Congratulations! That will be amazing once they hatch.

lol.

QTOFFER, that is my guess to the male. He was really standing his fins up last night. Was beautiful.

Jay, Thanks. :)

Bill, we need to send them to angelfish spawning school. ;)

Tonight the two aren't even hanging together. Last night they were unseperable. Ah well...such is life.

Here's hoping they do it again. Then you'd have to get another tank for the eggs/fry... darn. :p

severum mama said:
Here's hoping they do it again. Then you'd have to get another tank for the eggs/fry... darn. :p

Already got you covered, severum_mama! I have an empty 10 gallon now that is being setup....cause you just never know, right? ;)

Back
Top Bottom