What are my rams doing? possible breeding sign??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elliott_001

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought 2 german blue rams about a week ago. A couple of days ago they started digging a pit in the corner of the tank. Its mainly the male who is doing the digging, but occasionally the female has a little go.

Here is a pic (this was 2 days ago, the pit is virtually on the bottom glass now!)

Cool! Thanks. Now, i have absolutely no idea what i should when they spawn! If i dont remove the eggs wont they get eaten?

It's pretty much hit or miss on the first couple of tries. They will eat the eggs if they are not satisfied with their performance (unfertilized). You could try to raise them artificially but even that is not as successful as letting them do it themselves. Do a search on artifically raising, some good suggestions can be found, most of which are relatively cheap.

Ok thanks. Im not really looking to breed the rams, i was thinking it would be a bit of a shame just letting them get eaten. I think i will leave them to it. Then perhaps next time look into it a bit more. Thanks for your help.

Back
Top Bottom