What could this be? Eggs of something?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thetmaxx

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just saw this just now, snaped a photo, and dont know what it could be. I'm looking, and it looks like eggs of somehting. 4 sites of these on the glass, cant see anthing else well. the 55 gallon is new, been running for almost 3 weeks, and had fish in for a week.5 at this time i am unable to identify anthihing else in the tank. i.e. worms... any thoughts? thank you![/img]

Attachments

• aquarium_disease.jpg
    aquarium_disease.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 212
From what I can see, all the "eggs" are on a plant leaf?

If they are, then they may very well be snail eggs. Snail eggs as they tend to hitchhike on new plants, especially swords.

I know it looks like that, but they are on the glass. My sword has been int the tank for 2 weeks now. and I did notice just 3 days ago the 10 gal is out breaking with some small snail looking thing, almost liike a miniature slug... very small like a nemotode. I could see how with all the decor and the plant moved over, they could have come, but i dont know...

I also tried to remove the eggs physicaslly from the glass, they are attached pretty good.

Yep. Puffer will most likely eat them. If you have a puffer in the tank, then where did snail eggs come from? Do you still have snails in the tank?

Well, if your two bronze corys happen to be a male/female, could be cory eggs, no? From what I understand most cory species commonly deposit eggs on the sides of the aquarium glass. Did you happen to first notice them the day after a water change? I have read that people who are trying to get corys to spawn often achieve success by doing a water change with the water temp a little below ambient tank temp, then the next morning they have cory eggs all over.

Hmm...a mystery! Please keep us posted.

hmm, they do seem fond of each other.... but the water change was before this a week or so... could be though? i haven't seen any fry... or anything yet. I think another patch of eggs apeared this morinign, but cant remember if they were there from b4, however what else could lay this many eggs, if i cant even see it?

Back
Top Bottom