What fish??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Im confused the title says guppies, but in the post it says platies?!?! All you have in the 10 gallon are snails??

Breeding guppiεs

Hi guys,
I have a 10 gallon tank. I have nine mystery snails.. I want to breed guppies.. But before I get them I want to be prepared. I don't have a heater but I keep my room fairly hot all year. I could get a heater if needed. I have a 2.5 gallon tank. I was planning on putting the prego guppy in there and after she gives birth moving her back to the 10 gal. Then when the Babies are mature enough to survive with the adults I would move them to the 10 gal too. I want to breed fancy guppies.. Any flaws in my plan? Please let me know.
Thanks,
Maddy :fish:

Breeding Guppies.. :D

Hi guys,
I have a 10 gallon tank. I have nine mystery snails.. I want to breed guppies.. But before I get them I want to be prepared. I don't have a heater but I keep my room fairly hot all year. I could get a heater if needed. I have a 2.5 gallon tank. I was planning on putting the prego guppy in there and after she gives birth moving her back to the 10 gal. Then when the Babies are mature enough to survive with the adults I would move them to the 10 gal too. I want to breed fancy guppies.. Any flaws in my plan? Please let me know. Thanks

I think that your plan is fine =) I'd make sure you have some plants in the 2.5 gallon... I've never really moved pregnant guppies because everytime I do, I have bad luck with it. I think you'd probably need a heater but that just depends. I don't have a heater to actually keep the water warm, but I have it instead to keep it from changing too much at night, on hotter days, etc.

Mystery snails have a large bio-load and your tank is basically stocked.

You could just leave the parents in the 10 gallon and add some plants to the tank. Make sure you cluster them together as a bunch and have some floating at the top. Over the course of a month or two, there will be so many babies that the parents will stop eating them. They will continue to try of course. I started with 3 pairs of endlers and now have probably 100+ fry in there?

As for the heater, it is now summer time. Is it really required?

Yeah.. The water is freezing. I live in Nebraska,the temperature goes from 90 one day to 50 the next. Don't you think that a stable temperature is needed?

Back
Top Bottom