What is it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trustemedia

Aquarium Advice Freak
I noticed this on a plant the other day. Thought it looked like a living creature. All white. Could see a black eye spot. Just the head was hanging onto a leaf. It never moved. I took some photos and upon blowing them up, zooming in, it is definitely an eyeball and mouth! Problem is, I have no idea what it is. Anyone got a clue?

Guesses - could be a baby goby of some sort or it hitchhiked on some plants and the egg hatched? Just don't know. Hoping someone might see it and know exactly what it is.

77805-albums12169-picture61432.jpg

I suspect some type of insect larvae, not a fish. It looks segmented in the larger view, and that's an insect characteristic. I'd be thinking of getting rid of it, as it may become predatory. It's not uncommon to have insect larvae come with a plant. I've had several different ones show up, some harmless, some decidedly not harmless.

I haven't seen it since I took this photo, but if I do again, I will get rid of it then. Either didn't survive, hiding, or got eaten. The body did look twisted like a snail shell. When you blow it up, it looks like it is smiling. Weird. Thanks for the input!

Back
Top Bottom