What is the best way to keep fry's alive in your tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
image-505796115.jpg

My fry right next to the heater they been living for 1 weeks now in the tank

StuMcc99 said:
I havent got any live plants in there at the moment, I have a plastic one and a couple of ornaments, one is a car where they can hide in but the other fish can get in there, I think I might just give the breading box a go and have somewhere for whe I let them out for them to hide

The breeders are good if your intent on them all surviving. But your bound to have more bubs later on and regularly so sometimes it's good to let nature take its course and a few should survive each batch :) java moss doesn't need anything special u just throw it in and let it go no special lighting requirements or ferts needed but you don't need to use it just what I found worked for me :)

Thanks their mom is going to have more in about 2 weeks last 2 times she gave birth to 8 and 3 died because of defects and 2nd time she gave birth to 19 and all were living but the mom ate 16 herself so only 3 left from that batch

The breeders are good if your intent on them all surviving. But your bound to have more bubs later on and regularly so sometimes it's good to let nature take its course and a few should survive each batch :) java moss doesn't need anything special u just throw it in and let it go no special lighting requirements or ferts needed but you don't need to use it just what I found worked for me :)

does the Jarva Moss mean that you will have to clean it out more often or just keep to the same as what you are doing?

StuMcc99 said:
does the Jarva Moss mean that you will have to clean it out more often or just keep to the same as what you are doing?
Clean it out? It won't dirty the tank if that's what you mean? if it grows too much over time for your liking just pull some out

You don't have to do anything with java moss just put it in and leave it in the tank and keep doing what your doing.

Clean it out? It won't dirty the tank if that's what you mean? if it grows too much over time for your liking just pull some out

I just thought that having live plants in there would make the tank dirty and you would have to keep on top of it more. I think i will have a look at some then

StuMcc99 said:
I just thought that having live plants in there would make the tank dirty and you would have to keep on top of it more. I think i will have a look at some then

no live plants are benificial for maintaining better water quality and help absorb fish waste and nitrates.

StuMcc99 said:

look java moss up and benefits of live plants :) I have very basic low maintenance low light plants in all my tanks once u go planted thats it i think haha. I dont need to do anything to my plants well i just started to add some seachem liquid ferts once a week but they were doing great without it. I find it helps heaps with keeping the water nice and clean and the fish love it

look java moss up and benefits of live plants :) I have very basic low maintenance low light plants in all my tanks once u go planted thats it i think haha. I dont need to do anything to my plants well i just started to add some seachem liquid ferts once a week but they were doing great without it. I find it helps heaps with keeping the water nice and clean and the fish love it

cool I think I may just have to pop and grab some on the way home from work

Back
Top Bottom