What is this spawn of???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrzap

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so I was cleaning my tank shifting the gravel around. What I thought was a turd was moving around kind of fish like. I started to stare at it and noticed it had a mouth. I have 1 male beta in my tank with 2 what I think are male mollies and 3 ghost shrimp. I never saw any eggs or breeding activity going on. Where did this little bugger come from and what is it?

whatisthis.jpg

Holy cow LOL Thats a helluva surprise.

My guess is one of your mollies isn't male; either that or that was a fry which was caught up in the net at the lfs when they bagged your fish (unusual but has happened).

Maybe it is like my egg hitchhikers...
I had "mystery fry" that were different but I couldn't tell how...they hid in the ugf where it had a lifted spot. I had some eggs come in on some plants (I wiped him out so he grabbed some from occupied tanks).

I lost most of my gourami fry to them. I followed my lfs direction to let them be and he started crediting me to allow my gourami to be fodder (he was suspecting 3 fish) They ended up being Royal Knifefish fry. Go figger.
I like my blackghost more, he cute. Those other kind are eel-y and look mean.it was a surprise.
what I wanna know is what camera nad lense set up you were using!! :p

Canon s400 in macro mode. It is a pain in the but trying to focus through glass and water without getting a reflection with the flash :)

Count your blessings! At least you found the little guy before he became a snack! That is how I found a cichlid fry once--he was all alone between some rocks!

Funny thing is he either is hiding or is a snack :)

My beta fish was sort of checking out the general area and now I do not see it anymore ;)

Back
Top Bottom