What kind of eggs are these?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KKAY27

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was doing a water change and noticed these eggs on my java fern leaf. It has 2 holes in it but the others look good with black specs in the middle! I have 1 bolivan ram, 2 ottos, and a twig catfish in the tank! Could it be the ottos?? I tried to put a picture but it won't let me . It is as big as a penny if that helps any

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Do you have any kind of pest snails? Snails are known to lay eggs and if you have a planted aquarium you are almost guaranteed to have some. It would be nice if it were otto eggs, it's extremely hard to get them to breed if at all possible. I'm not sure if the ram can lay eggs without having a male to fertilize them, haven't ever heard of that before but it's possible. It will be easier to tell once we have pics up again.

Here is the eggs

Attachments

• 1442256080062.jpg
    1442256080062.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 61
Do you have any kind of pest snails? Snails are known to lay eggs and if you have a planted aquarium you are almost guaranteed to have some. It would be nice if it were otto eggs, it's extremely hard to get them to breed if at all possible. I'm not sure if the ram can lay eggs without having a male to fertilize them, haven't ever heard of that before but it's possible. It will be easier to tell once we have pics up again.

I got my picture to load! I haven't seen any snails but I know that they could be some in there!

Hmm, looks like a snail egg sac but I've never seen the holes on the edges. Pretty much guessing at this point but still saying snails lol.

Is that leaf always up out of the water?

Sent from my 5560S using Aquarium Advice mobile
No its always underwater. I was doing a large waterchange and I noticed it. I have really been watching out for snails but I don't see any yet so I have no clue what it is

I feel so dumb!! I just kept on thinking it was eggs! Thanks yall

Back
Top Bottom