What should I expect?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jla11411

Aquarium Advice Newbie
One of my guppies finally gave birth. We came home yesterday and I caught her in time to move her to my other aquarium. There are only 10 left after her eating some. My question is what should I expect now? I went and got "First Bites" food and a two way breeder chamber for next time. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

One of my guppies finally gave birth. We came home yesterday and I caught her in time to move her to my other aquarium. There are only 10 left after her eating some. My question is what should I expect now? I went and got "First Bites" food and a two way breeder chamber for next time. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
If you don't have a sponge filter, cover the intake of your filter tube with an intake sponge or some new pantyhose. Feed them 4 times a day with the first bites. When doing water changes cover the siphon again with some new pantyhose. When changing the water, try your best to match the new water temp as best as possible. It's best to have it slightly warmer than cooler......Sit back and enjoy!!!!

Thanks Ian! I have put pantyhose on the filter. How much should I expect them to grow week to week?
I have about 12 guppy fry born on St. Patricks Day and they are more than big enough to go in with the adult guppies now. They probably could have went in 1 1/2 weeks ago. The rule is, if they big enough not to fit in the other fishes mouths, they'll be fine. I have used that first bites food and although it is an excellent food, I find Repashy Gel Food better as it is less messy. The beauty of the gel food is, a piece can be left in the trap and the fish will graze on it throughout the day. No need to feed it 3-4 times a day like the first bites.....

Back
Top Bottom