What sort of fish is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GorJess

Aquarium Advice Regular
So after going to my LFS and asking if any cichlids can go with my guppies and platys and them saying NO , and getting into an argument about it .... I find that I can have kribensis , Bolivian butterflies and around 5 other chiclilds with my platys and guppies...
I now currently have kribs but they are separated with a divider as they now have free swimming fry , I have Bolivian butterfly's and also some other sort or cichlid... Hoping someone can give me the name.
He told me he was going to euthanase them as they were given to him with deformed spines and if u breed deformed species they will then make a whole nother species of deformed fish so he sold them to me at next to nothing because I felt sorry for them...
They are a beautiful fish but I don't know the name hoping someone can help me out!!!

Attachments

• image-1449488992.jpg
    image-1449488992.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 106
  • image-3786073478.jpg
    image-3786073478.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 118
Not sure but looks like it could be a purple gold acara dwarf cichlid. I'm not a cichlid expert ( or any kind of fish expert) so do a bit of research :)

I think its a Bolivian ram, judging by the red lined fins.

I say Bolivian rams, he looks like the adult I just got yesterday, along with 3 babies (all are in separate qt tanks). I now have gone from 1 sa/ca 150g to a 150g Dempsey, oscar and cherax lobster (ca cichlid) tank and a 90g geophagus and ram tank (sa cichlid) and have been researching like a madman- I'm an amateur in this, but I'm pretty sure it's a Bolivian...

Back
Top Bottom