What to do after guppies are born?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OliverHunt

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello, i am looking on some advice on what to do now that i have some new born guppies, do i take the male out and put i in my other tank and how do i care for the babies as i am new to breeding (i have 2 females and 1 male guppie in the breeding tank and now some babies) what do i do. Thanks

:welcome: to AA! :)
If you have a spare tank you can move them in there. How big is the tank? Do you have plants? Usually in a typical community setup fry get eaten.

I have a community tank and a breeding one, i could move the male into the community tank and leave the females and babies inthe breeding tank? And yes both tanks have plants thanks.

If it's planted enough the babies could hide in it. I guess you could take out the males and leave the females in the breeding tank. How big is the breeding tank?

The breeding tank is only like 20 litres and has 1 male and 2 females, im guessing the baby males are fine left in the tank ? I could just take the 1 male out?

Back
Top Bottom