What to do with all these guppy fry???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

candacecook1025

Aquarium Advice Freak
Help! I have SO MANY guppies! They are breeding like rabbits (which is, of course, what they do.) and I don't know what to do with all the fry. I am going to keep the ones I like best, and am trying to sell/rehome the rest. I have sold a bunch, and in large amounts too. But I still have close to 100 fry! I could use some suggestions...what do I do with all these babies???

I won't just leave them to be eaten, so don't bother suggesting that. I'm sure some get eaten before I rescue them, but I won't leave them in there on purpose. I know that's how it works in nature, but an aquarium is not nature. It's a controlled environment, and I care about each and every one of those fish.

I also won't sell them as feeders. Not to a store or a person. Same reasons as above.

But I would LOVE to sell them to someone who wants some pretty guppies. Or heck, GIVE them to someone who wants pretty guppies.

Anybody know of a place to take them as a donation? Or a place to sell them? All suggestions that don't end with them getting eaten are welcome! :)

Thanks!

I think the most effective option will be to give them to an LFS. If they are fancy guppies, they won't be sold as feeders.

Help! I have SO MANY guppies! They are breeding like rabbits (which is, of course, what they do.) and I don't know what to do with all the fry. I am going to keep the ones I like best, and am trying to sell/rehome the rest. I have sold a bunch, and in large amounts too. But I still have close to 100 fry! I could use some suggestions...what do I do with all these babies???

I won't just leave them to be eaten, so don't bother suggesting that. I'm sure some get eaten before I rescue them, but I won't leave them in there on purpose. I know that's how it works in nature, but an aquarium is not nature. It's a controlled environment, and I care about each and every one of those fish.

I also won't sell them as feeders. Not to a store or a person. Same reasons as above.

But I would LOVE to sell them to someone who wants some pretty guppies. Or heck, GIVE them to someone who wants pretty guppies.

Anybody know of a place to take them as a donation? Or a place to sell them? All suggestions that don't end with them getting eaten are welcome! :)

Thanks!
Fair Play to you. I agree 100% with what you want to achieve. I hope you get those little guys some nice homes and someone who appreciates they're beauty(y)

Do you happen to live in Minnesota? :(

I'll take them off your hands... But I do not have the money for shipping..

Ill take them do u have any pics so I can see and what coloration do the parents have maybe pictures of them as well.

I have about 100 more between the ages of 1 week and 2 months. I just let the parents "love the one they were with" so they are a fun mix of colors: yellow cobra, orange, purple, and blues. Most of them are just about old enough to sex. I can post some pics of them tomorrow. I am in TX, and am willing to ship anywhere in the lower 48.

Also sold another 20, and got another call for a large amount...yea!

Very cool! I think I would want maybe three females and one pretty male. How much would you ask for that?

Back
Top Bottom