what to do with babies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swmmnglessons

Aquarium Advice Regular
I was just wondering what everybody does with all the little babies when they start getting bigger? I have a 10 and 20 gal and would like to breed my male gourami in the 10 but what could I do with any babies? I think my 20 is stocked to the limit or pretty close.

You could keep a sensible amount for a new tank or put 2 in your other tank (depending on stock levels). with the rest you could give them to your local fish store or sell them in a paper like, freeads :lol:

I also breed fish and am hoping to trade them to local fish stores for store credit. I still don't have enough of a size I think they would accept so I haven't approached any LFS' yet. If that fails then I'll give them away and/or sell them and suspend my breeding program until I can get more tanks.

I used to breed fish (not so much by design but the darn things just never seemed to stop!!) and one thing I learned was that you can't always sell them to the LFS, and you can only give away so many. If you are like most people, you can only have so many tanks, so.....my solution was to keep a single oscar. Very well fed animal and very healthy too. He (Osky, how original) was also very personable so that was a big plus. Worked out great even with fry I wanted to keep because you almost always have some culls in the spawn anyway......

Back
Top Bottom