what to do with new born fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tornadonick

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am not currently dealing with this but I am curious. when i used to have my tank setup, i got 2 guppies from petsmart that both turned out to be pregnant. Not wanting the babies to die i went ahead and bought myself a babysaver, they where born and everything was just fine, i dont know what other people do but not knowing I put a little screen over part of my tank for them to hide in and it actually worked! The problem is, and it all worked out that time, If i have a bunch of fish born and not enough room for them, what do I do with them?

I would try to get as many babies out of there as possible. Move them to a temporary container, like a large mixing bowl or empty tank (but still with water, of course). I had to do the same thing because I didn't have a babysaver and couldn't put the babies into the bigger tank with other adult fish, (like my dwarf gourami...) so I had to keep them out of the danger of being eaten or killed. When they get big enough, you can move them to the big tank.

Back
Top Bottom