What to do with pregnant guppys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

B0105

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi. I have 2 guppies who are pregnant both seem quite far along. I placed one in a breeders net but when I put the 2nd one in there, the first kept chasing it around. It got so bad that I had to take the 2nd one out. Is that normal?

I guess I may have to get a 2nd breeders net?

Hi. I have 2 guppies who are pregnant both seem quite far along. I placed one in a breeders net but when I put the 2nd one in there, the first kept chasing it around. It got so bad that I had to take the 2nd one out. Is that normal?

I guess I may have to get a 2nd breeders net?
This is pretty normal in my experience. Two pregnant guppies in a breeder is not really a good idea. Do you want to save all the fry. If not I would just let them have the fry in the tank. If you have some plants, real or fake, the fry will have somewhere to hide out until you can net them and put them in the breeder net. If your plants are fake, bunch them closely together and the fry will hide out. Some floating plants, again real or fake will also help. Cover the filter intake with a prefilter sponge or some NEW pantyhose. This will stop the fry getting sucked up....

Back
Top Bottom