What to feed my platy fry and how to take care of it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eduguy

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What should i feed it and what size of tank should i go into? Does the tank have to be cycled?

You can buy first bites which is a powdered food for fry or you can crush flakes up to a fine powder I would do the first bites myself though, they are really cheap.

It's good if the tank is cycled but guess you could still try if it's not, just do a lot of water changes and don't add gravel to the fry tank they bury themselves in it. Feed them by dipping the end of a tooth pick in the tank water and then into the powdered food the in to their tanks. I would feed them very small amounts every 2-3 hours if possible. Some say to start feeding a couple hrs after born some say not in the first 24 hrs. I never had any issue's feeding mine after the first couple hrs.

Just dip the end of the wet tooth pick in the food lightly. They eat just like all fish eat, with their mouth. ;)

How long can they live without food? I can't get it out and it is probably not getting any food.

It might be eating what falls to the bottom. I would do your best to get him tho.

Back
Top Bottom