What would you breed in a pool

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

earlysteven

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just curious on ideas of fish and plants to breed and resale and why . I was thinking of putting a pool in my shop . I've bred tons of freshwater fish before I am not new to the hobby just curious on input. I currently stick to saltwater but one of my good friends own a fish store where I live so maybe I could sell him some also . Not worried on type of fish or numbers I have whole sellers that have almost anything I need. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I would find out what is marketable in your area as well as feasible for you to breed. Your friend with the shop should be able to provide some insight regarding what is in demand and what is selling well. Very important to have an outlet for your breeding efforts. I know that it not a specific answer but it touches upon some things to consider before you get into the planning and budget stages.

SHELLDWELLING CICHLIDS

Not exactly the most economical choice, but hear me out.

Cover the bottom of the pool with like an inch of aragonite sand. Then get a few hundred escargo shells. Then get a TON of neolamprologus multifasciatus and start the biggest shelldweller colony the world has ever seen. It would be AMAZING to look at, and they breed readily.

SHELLDWELLING CICHLIDS

Not exactly the most economical choice, but hear me out.

Cover the bottom of the pool with like an inch of aragonite sand. Then get a few hundred escargo shells. Then get a TON of neolamprologus multifasciatus and start the biggest shelldweller colony the world has ever seen. It would be AMAZING to look at, and they breed readily.

Biggest in captivity ;)

Biggest in captivity ;)

Nah, wild multi colonies are actually pretty small, if colonies are too large they get predated down to size and there's not much movement between colonies from what I've read. So probably largest in the world :D Call The Guinness Book!

Nah, wild multi colonies are actually pretty small, if colonies are too large they get predated down to size and there's not much movement between colonies from what I've read. So probably largest in the world :D Call The Guinness Book!

Lol ok I'll give you that, you know your stuff Sini!!

Lmao thanks guys and my buddy says guppys :( lol and ideas on plants that are easy and grow like wild fire .

Endler or sailfin mollys. You can breed them by the thousands

I was thinking Molly's or platys myself too the options are endless lol

I second the shelldwellers because what I have heard is that they are super profitable! Bring home the bacon!

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Well I would love to but for some reason no one cares for them down here .

Endlers, for plants java moss, amazon frogbit and guppy grass are pretty much the ones that come to mind. Considering its likely not going to be the easiest task to plant root feeders in something like that and that those plants provide tons of cover and shade. Also all fast growers.

Back
Top Bottom