Whats an easy egg-laying fish to breed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jtlipton

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey its me I just wanted to know what egg laying freshwater fish was easy to breed because I have bred live bearers and now I would like to try egg-laying fish :)

Rams are pretty good parents. They may eat the first couple batches of eggs. Generally, they catch on and do a good job. I like bristlenose plecos and Cory sterbai too. With the cories you just put the eggs in a hatch tank and feed them micro worms. It's pretty easy. My sterbai lay eggs once a week.

Rams are pretty good parents. They may eat the first couple batches of eggs. Generally, they catch on and do a good job. I like bristlenose plecos and Cory sterbai too. With the cories you just put the eggs in a hatch tank and feed them micro worms. It's pretty easy. My sterbai lay eggs once a week.

What size tank would those need?

Kribensis, convict cichlids, zebra danios, white cloud mountain minnows, pristella tetras and bronze cories (Corydoras aeneus). Zebra danios would be my suggestion for a peaceful fish that is easy to breed and with fry easy to raise. If ya wanna raise a bunch of fry, put the parents in a separate spawning tank and remove them when they are finished otherwise they'll eat the eggs. But I usually end up with one or two fry growing to adulthood in my 20 long planted community tank with badis, rasboras and the danios.

WYite

Back
Top Bottom