When can these be released

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IssyDizzy

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have 30 Molly fry in a breeder net on top on top of my forty eight litre.
Currently in my big tank are two Molly's, three Harliquens and three neons
They have been in there for a week and I want to release them.
I want to keep as many as possible and if they did go in would they be fed the baby food or the adult and how much?

image-2388893325.jpg

image-3668509378.jpg

image-2777492994.jpg

image-2504369015.jpg

They seem far too small. I'd keep them in there another two to three weeks.

It's a 48 litre with two bushy plants

I would say if you had more plants (you could get floating plants like guppy grass) just release them into the tank. I know you want to save all of them, and if you have a solid plan for them that's ok, but if you don't let nature take its course with some of them. Only the strongest fastest and smartest fry will keep from being eaten and you won't have an over run tank. I do this with my guppies and it makes things much more manageable if you don't have more tanks or resources to take care of them. In my opinion it leaves you with the healthiest stock as well.

But then you would have to wait til its cycled and all that too

Would three days be enough
Or would the fry die

They would probably die. Try getting that quick start mix from api and using some water from the original tank. And put some guppy grass in let iT cycle for along a week

Although some fry will probably die though, just because it hasn't been cy led to the best of its ability.

Release them when there big enough to not bit in your biggest fish's mouth :)

Yes u should they grow up better and are less scared from other fishes in the tank

AGAIN: thanks! You guys have really helped and with the info I have managed to get my dad to allow me to buy another tank!!!
THANKS SO MUCH

Thanks would it. be worth getting a small tank just for the babies?

I use a 10g tank to keep my fry. I let nature occur and let momma drop and then I scoop up the babies, put them in a breeder net for a week or so and then move them into my 10 g.

You would want to get the tank, set it up and cycle before you think about putting the fry into it. But if you plan to further breed it's a great idea!

Back
Top Bottom