Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-26-2009, 07:13 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

when should i 1st feed my new born guppy fry?

when should i 1st feed my new born guppy fry? they were born about 2hours ago. thanks for all replies.

Old 09-30-2009, 09:07 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I fed mine as soon as I took Mom out of the net. I have the first bites stuff...they didn't eat it right away thought....but the next day and there after every time I fed the rest of the Main tank I gave them some and they started to get the hint...5 were born on Saturday.

Old 09-30-2009, 10:34 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Send a message via ICQ to thesixis
It depends on your setup. If they are in a tank with an established sponge filter, I would not rush to feed as there is plenty of microscopic food on the filter for them to eat. If you have them in a breeder trap, i would feed them SMALL amounts about 5x aday. If you have frozen baby brine shrimp that is great, if not powered flake food will do. You can order decapped brine shrimp eggs, they do not hatch, you feed them as is. I use this all the time in my guppy tanks with great success. kensfish.com selles it along with other very good fry food. Send Ken an email and he will help you.
Good luck.

Tags
feed, fry, guppy, guppy fry

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com