When will platy give birth?!?!?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishlover24

Aquarium Advice Regular
I put her in the breeding net a week ago because she was staying low at the bottom and hyperventilating. She has like doubled in size, and eats a lot. She is also pooping a clear string of something. Does anyone know what it is. Or when she will give birth. I will put some pictures on.

Yes you can. It is hard to see it since she is really dark red, but there is one and it is really big. It is in the first picture. I will try to get a better one. Tha is for the help. Should I leave here in there, or in my 2.5 gallon tank?

Hmm, I think you should leave her in there because you want her to have as little stress as possible. Is there anywhere in the net for the fry to go? Because she will eat them if given the chance

There is three fin plastic plants on the bottom. And I have a lily like pad thing in there as well it has leaves floating on the top. Is the good enough? Or should I move a plastic plant to the top for some reason? I don't really know if they move and swim to the top? What should I do.

The fry will usually stay at the bottom at first. It sounds kind of risky but you could try it. Or you could go out and buy a breeders box, those work well

Chances are you are very close to having a nursery, I have got platy fry that are now about a month old, and in my other tank I have 2 grown ups, it takes 2 weeks for an entire platy pregnancy, so watch out when it reaches around the 2 weeks line

Back
Top Bottom