When will she "pop" ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They start to look like a water balloon :) I believe they pop around every 34 - 38 days lucky people are not like that or football would be a family sport;)

hmmm ok she is big but i guess not like a water balloon lol. When should i move her to the tank where the fry are going? or should i just wait and scoop them out when they are born?

Hmmm its hard to say when it is a guess guess game I was lucky once and got my guppy in the breeding tank only to have her pop two days later.
Is the place where the fry going cycled?
The other might eat the baby fry but so will the mommy if she gets chance make sure you have ample place for them to hide from her.
I would move her so the baby's are born into the water they going to live in. But only if you know the water is right.

Yes it is cycled. Right now it has a guppy fry. But when I had the Mollie mom, she got pop eye. I moved her back to the 5g and her pop eye is fixing itself... I dunno. I am guessing i will just have to hope i watch her give birth so i can catch them all lol

Yes you can do it the natural way and hope for the best after all it is the natural way to do it and some may be lost to another hungry mouth. After all this is the way of nature. I put mine in a breeder tank and after she has given birth I remove the mother and keep the baby's in it for about a month removing the plate that removes the mother from the baby as they in now in a small space so it's easy to make sure they all eat and catch problems early using a magnifying glass.This is a safe way but can place stress on the mother as it is not normal for her to be in a small space that is why timing is so important. Last thing you want is to put her in to early and she aborts her fry and they not able to survive as it was way to early. I have molly and guppy fry that have successfully be born and are growing up under these conditions but you do loose a few along the way.;)

Yeah they can but if you catch her when she is in that state where she remains calm and quite while she is having them don't put her in to early just in case.

id leave her alone just have floating plants and catch the babies it take 1 minute to scoop em all up then put em in a breeders cup or separate tank. monitor the floating plants, thats were the babies will be

Back
Top Bottom