White cloud Minnow breeding ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ShootingMinnow

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I've got four white cloud mountain minnow in my tank, from the looks of it its three females and one male. The male is fairly young, around six - eight months.
Yesterday they were really going for it, the male was flashing his fins and chasing the females who looked really round, rounder than usual! a couple of hours later I noticed they had calmed down quite a bit and the females looked considerably thinner, does this mean they have laid eggs? I cannot see any sign of eggs at all in the tank, they were going through the plants and moss at the bottom as if they were scattering but there is literally no sign of eggs!
I really need to know so that I can get another tank set up and cycled ASAP since the 10 gall just wont be big enough for all of them!
The conditions in the tank were perfect too, about optimum for breeding.
Does anyone have experience of WCM breeding and what the eggs look like? (I know they'll be hard to see but I would have thought I would see something!)
Thanks for any answers in advance!

Yes. They lid eggs and probably a good amount. Turn the tank lights off and cover the tank with a towel so the eggs don't mold. What temperature is the tank at where the females are usually kept?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

The eggs are super tiny and clear. In several hours you should be able to see them if you have a keen eye. It will be a clear round ball with a white blob inside.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom