White cloud minnows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RedNeckTakashi

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello, I have six white clouds in a 29 gallon planted tank, as well as many other inhabitants, three male and three female. I tend to have relatively good luck as far as breeding pairs or schools go. However, my question is this; the three females appear to have developed eggs a while back, I've had them about a year now, though they don't seem to want to spread them. Could this be due to the male and female dwarf neon rainbow occupying the same tank?

I know when keeping rainbows it is best to keep them in schools of 7+ with females out numbering the males, long story short, I live in Vermont where everyone likes to visit during the winter to ski but thinks an "all season radial" means "snow tire" and knocks out the power constantly. Yes, they died, only the strong survived.

Try adding in some 1inch pvc so they have a breeding cave

It's possible that the other fish are eating the eggs, you could put in a marble substrate for egg scattering

Thanks for the advice, I'll give it a shot. I've never bred this type of fish before so I'm not sure what they need to breed.

Sorry it took so long for a response, I sidetrack easily

Back
Top Bottom