Why

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ninjafish40

Aquarium Advice Activist
Why won't she pop I just know there's gotta be like 50 fry in there

Attachments

• image-2981925761.jpg
    image-2981925761.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 109
Its not time yet, but they tend to giving birth at night when the lights go off. You have any tank mate with her...better seperate her if you want those 50 survive;)

Ya she's been that big for almost a week now and last night I put her in a mesh inclosher

Yaay she finally poped

Attachments

• image-3255815568.jpg
    image-3255815568.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 86
i had a guppy that is the same size like your that just gave birth two days ago. it is more like 20 not 50
It is always very hard to judge the size of a pregnant guppy from a posted pic(resizing, zoom, cropping etc), let alone compare them. Mine dropped 2wks ago and had 47 fry, 2 still born and 10 eaten by mother. I watched her giving birth!!!

Congrats!!!
Cheers!!. She is a beauty, i can't wait to see how they turn out. I have 3 very different coloured males in with my females(7), so i obviously don't know the daddy!!!
PS....Just got 10 more(2hrs ago) from a female that didn't even look pregnant, let alone look ready to drop...haha

Lol she had 37 and I left her with them cause I thought she was still going but anyway by morning she ate all but 7 wtf mom !!!!

Hiding places is key. I never ever remove the mother or place her in a trap and all of my fry survive. Let it happen naturally. Got too many at this point lol

Back
Top Bottom