Why do you think my balloon molly hasn't dropped yet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

uelissa

Aquarium Advice Freak
She's been squared for 2 weeks today. I know that they can hold until the water is 'just right,' but don't you think that this is a little long? I have 2 tanks for live barrers- a 10 gallon for the adults, and a 5.5 gallon for the fry and the squared adults. I NEVER use a breeding trap. She's been in the 5.5 ever sense I got her 2 weeks ago today. I've been waiting for fry, but none. I'm not new to these type of fish, cause I've been breeding them for about a year and a half, but I've never seen this. I moved her to the 10 gallon today, and hoping for the best in there. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396146078.610451.jpg ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396146104.169497.jpg

Wow that would be so frustrating! Sorry I stick to guppies, but she looks like she's grown a lot since last pic you posted so that means she didn't abort the fry or reabsorb them if that helps, good luck!!

Are you sure she is pregnant? Ballon Belly mollies stomachs grow with age so I would make sure that there is a brownish spot behind the anal fin to ensure there are fry inside. The average pregnancy lasts about 6 weeks for mollies.

New fish, treat for worms, Nematoda. (Other worm varieties, treatment similar)

Then treat for bacteria and parasites both internally and externally. It's what I do. (Not necessarily in that order, I base the course of treatment on observation)

(That's my advice, other opinions may differ)

Back
Top Bottom