will they just continueously breed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cash Turtle

Aquarium Advice Regular
will my fnacy guppies just keep going or will they take a break? I havnt noticed any new fry lalrtly so i wonder if the older fry are eating them or if no one has had babies again yet
two of my girl look ready to pop.
do i need to seperate the females to give them a break? i have 2 males 4 females

so far its been alot of fun watching the babies even with mixed color adults im getting a few real nice babies, not purebred by any means but a few bright red and orange tails and one thats halfblack with and orange and black tail and some greenish squiggles on his upper body.

They will breed, and breed and BREED! They will not stop until they either get too old or they run out room and the poison themselves. Start selling them, feeding them off or just seperate them. It is the only way you will stop them except for dropping the temperature or not feeding them.

From what I hear the female can have babies more than once from a single fertalization.

Yes they are never ending as soon as the little ones reach sexual maturity you will have more and more!
I have found out to my cost, lol.

Yet alot of the little eggs will be eaten so you might not get millions...

Back
Top Bottom